2012.05.31 Lawn Lake Flood and Rocky Mountain High

Just pictures again. I'm suffering serious sleep deprivation at the moment and can't think. But I can pick up a camera and snap pictures. These are from a few days ago, but they tell a little bit of the story of the Lawn Lake Flooding event and what the area looks like now. 


The large rocks were deposited when this stream  had a much higher competency rate, during the flood.
These large rocks would have been moved by much more water  at much greater speeds.

Had this flooding event occurred without witnesses, geologists would  use clues such as these large misplaced rocks to tell the story of the land.


Matt and Sal attempt to... I'm not really sure what they were doing.

We might be smiling, but I think Buffy and I both had a little altitude sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment